Booking Terms and Conditions
By submitting your booking you represent to us that you have the authority to make the booking on behalf of your party and that you accept on behalf of your party that the booking is subject to these Terms and Conditions. A contract exists as soon as we issue our Booking Confirmation Form.
You should check the details of your confirmation carefully and promptly to ensure that it accurately reflects the booking you have requested. You should immediately inform us of any discrepancies or alterations. If the course/event date is less than 14 days from the date of issue of the Booking Confirmation Form notification of any discrepancies or alterations should be made within 24 hours of that date. In all other cases, you should notify us within 7 working days of receipt of the Booking Confirmation Form.
The full balance is required at the time of booking. Credit card bookings can be made over the phone for all courses and we will complete a booking form for you to check and sign when you attend the centre. Crossed cheques should be made payable to Datchet Watersports Ltd. Datchet Watersports reserve the right to change our prices at any time.
You should be confident in the water. You must advise us at the time of booking of any illness or medical conditions that you suffer from. Whilst medical conditions may not necessarily prevent you from taking the course, Datchet Watersports cannot accept any responsibility for any client’s medical conditions or any accident stemming directly or indirectly from it. Personal insurance against loss, damage, injury or accident while on the course or visiting the site is the responsibility of the client.
Cancellations by Client:
If notice is given less than eight weeks before the commencement of the course, 100% of the course fee is retained. Any course/hire booked is valid for a maximum of 12 months from date of booking. Courses/hire not taken within 12 months will be forfeited. Course/hire bookings are transferrable at the discretion of the operators. If a course is transferred 72 hours or less before the start of the course Datchet Watersports reserves the right to charge a £15 admin fee.
Cancellation/postponement by Datchet Watersports:
Every attempt will be made to make sure that your course actually runs. However, Datchet Watersports reserves the right to cancel a course at any time. Where we have to cancel a course, another set of dates will be arranged as soon as possible, to mutual convenience.
Safety & circumstances beyond our control
As your safety is our first concern, a course/event may be cancelled or re-scheduled or curtailed by us in weather conditions which may in our view make the course/event dangerous or unsafe or due to circumstances beyond our control (including staff illness). We may also cancel, postpone or re-schedule a course/event where there are not enough people booked on the course/event to make it viable. In appropriate circumstances the course/event type and / or itinerary may be altered as necessary. Please contact us if in any doubt as to whether a course/event can take place. As with other activity-based experiences, watersports activities contain an element of risk. It must be understood that your participation in these activities is your decision and at your risk.
The Centre Principal and Chief Instructor have primary responsibility for the safety of the clients and craft at all times and his/her decision is final. If any member of your party commits an illegal or potentially dangerous act including carrying or taking of drugs during or before a course/event, is under the influence of alcohol, persistently disregards the instructions of the instructor, or is disruptive or exhibits difficult behaviour, the Centre Principal and Chief Instructor reserve the right to terminate such persons’ participation in the course/event with no responsibility to them. In such an event there will be no right to any refund and we reserve the right to make a claim for costs and losses incurred.
All complaints in relation to course/events run by us must be notified to us as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 72 hours of the end of the course/event in question.
Feedback is extremely valuable to us for monitoring the satisfaction of our clients. If you are not given a feedback form and would like one, please don’t hesitate to ask. If you have any questions or concerns during the course, please raise them immediately with the Principal or Chief Instructor so that we can solve any problems as soon as possible.
You consent to the world-wide royalty free and irrevocable license to take and use photographs and/or video footage of your participation in booked courses or hire activity for such purposes as we think fit including but without limitation, for our marketing, publicity and promotional advertising.
EVERYONE MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY BOTH AFLOAT AND ASHORE. DATCHET WATERSPORTS WILL DO ITS BEST TO PROVIDE ON-WATER SAFETY COVER BUT THAT DOES NOT ALTER THE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERYONE USING THE WATER. ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY IS A CONDITION OF GOING AFLOAT.
There will normally be at least one powerboat on the water and ready to go whenever there are Datchet Watersports craft on the water.
- At weekends, between the hours of 09.30 and 18.00, the water will be regularly checked by a member of staff with any response taken as necessary.
- During the weekdays and evenings the water will be checked periodically by a member of staff and response times may be slower at these times.
- In very strong westerly winds, when only windsurfers are allowed out, the powerboat may be rigged and ready to go, but kept ashore. In these circumstances recovery to the shore is often quicker, more effective, and safer than by rescue boat.
- As a windsurfer on a lee-shore, it may be more appropriate to carry your equipment up the bank and then come and grab someone to give you a hand bringing it back.
- Safety Cover is not there as an easy taxi–ride back to the beach, and should only be used when in genuine difficulty.
Hire Terms and Conditions
Please read the hire booking conditions below very carefully. They are also displayed on the reception desk. By going on the water you are acknowledging that you have read and understood them.
It is our aim to provide good quality equipment for people to hire and to that end we require your assistance to make sure that the policy below is adhered to. If there are any areas that you feel require improvement in the maintenance of the equipment please let us know and we will attempt to repair it as soon as possible.
- We have a NO TOUCH POLICY on our equipment very similar to that of hiring a car. We do not expect the boats to touch the concrete banks. Any damage sustained whilst in your hire period will be charged to you for repair.
- Launching & recovery can be difficult depending upon the wind conditions so please ask for a briefing of the launch ⁄ recovery procedure that we would wish you to adopt in the prevailing conditions.
- The concrete banks are very slippery so wear appropriate watersports footwear at all times. No bare feet. Extreme caution must be exercised at all times adjacent to the shore – IT IS EXTREMELY SLIPPERY! Try to come up the banks using the cracks between the concrete – it provides additional traction.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure prior to launching, that the boat ⁄ board is in serviceable condition and the following check–list is completed. Bungs are in. Inspection hatches are secure. Rudders, dagger-boards & centreboards are attached and tied ⁄ wired on so they are not lost if you capsize. Losses will be charged for.
- Sails can be put at risk especially if you capsize. If you land on a sail feet first or with your harness hook the chances of you going through it are very high. You will be charged for any damage to sails. Allowing sails to flog⁄flap in the wind will result in damage. Try to ensure the jib in particular is fully furled when not in use.
- Asymmetric spinnakers – Please do not use these unless you have been trained and we are happy for you to use these elements of the boat. If you do not hoist ⁄ lower the spinnaker in the hoist ⁄ drop zone the chances of you trawling it are very high and subsequent damage will need to be paid for. Inefficient use of the spinnaker will also result in lots of swimming!
- Trapezing – Harnesses are available for hire. Please watch for the person trapezing falling off the back and landing on the rudder assembly as these are not as strong as you might think especially on the RS Vision, Buzz and catamarans. Ensure you have been briefed in the use of the quick release harness hook. You will be liable if it is lost.
- When sailing a boat with wire rigging such as a Sport 16, RS Vision, Buzz or Catamaran, a mast-head float must be fitted at all times. However, you should not become reliant on it and develop bad practises such as standing on the mast when the boat is capsized. Get to the centreboard as quickly as possible.
- Deposits – Please supply a credit card for a damage deposit. We can keep the card in our safe and give it back to you when you return your craft safe and sound. If any damage occurs then we will debit your credit card for the relevant amount. You are signing the hire sheet giving us authority to do so.
- Datchet Watersports cannot be held liable for any articles that are left in our possession. Keys and wallets may be deposited in the lock-box in the office but are left at your own risk.
- Datchet Watersports cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or bodily injury howsoever caused, by usage of hired equipment or whilst undergoing activity either on or off the water with or without instruction unless directly caused by negligence of an employee.